The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Quality Assurance and Continuing Professional Development Program (QA & CPD) includes the promotion of GP participation in effective and efficient quality assurance and continuing professional development by encouraging and identifying high quality activities for GPs.
Healthscope has achieved both Endorsed Provider (Category 2) and Accredited Provider (Category 1) status with the RACGP.
Our dedicated continuation of education programs assist General Practitioners to fulfil their accreditation criteria set out by the RACGP.
General practitioners can register to attend a The Hills Private Hospital GP event below:
In the CPD 2020–22 triennium there are two types of education activities that we provide:
- CPD Accredited Activity – learning that introduces new knowledge or a new skill
- CPD Activity offers reinforcement or updating of existing knowledge or skill
If you are a GP in our local area and would like to be placed on our email list, please contact Suzie Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to the future: Advancements in Neurosurgery
Date: Saturday, 30 April 2022
Time: 8:50am to 3:55pm
Location: The Hills Lodge, 1 Salisbury Drive, Castle Hill NSW 2154
- Dr Prashanth Rao - Neurosurgeon
- Dr Renata Abraszko - Neurosurgeon
- Dr Shanu Gambier - Neurosurgeon
- Dr Vanessa Perotti - Neurosurgeon
- Dr Brian Hsu - Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon
- Dr Bhisham Singh - Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Dr Alister Ramachandran - Consultant Anaesthetist Pain Medicine Specialist
- Dr Daniel Farbodmanesh - Rehabilitation Physician
About this event
This interactive neurospinal update has been developed with a GP focus in order to expand the understanding of diagnostic and management strategies for patients presenting with signs and symptoms of neurospinal pathologies in the primary care setting. A team of neurosurgeons, orthopaedic surgeons, and pain management specialists from Norwest Private Hospital will lead GPs through interactive sessions that review and examine evidence, patient case studies and the available diagnostic and treatment options available to General Practitioners and patients.
- Describe how to assess neck pathology & be able to prescribe appropriate investigations
- Describe a framework for initial management steps & identify red flags for urgent referral
- Identify treatment options for disc herniation including risks & benefits of surgical treatment
- Determine the best assessment and work up of acute leg pain & identify appropriate management options
- Identify & characterise spinal deformity & describe management options for common presentations
Inquiries to Suzie Ellis
Phone: 0418 809 424 | Email: email@example.com
Register for our upcoming webinars below
Activity ID: 220786
The aim of this webinar is to assist GPs to exclude the possibility of serious pathology in back pain presentations by debating red flags. The clinical guidelines consistently specify that imaging is only required in specific circumstances, and that there is a critical need for primary care clinicians to engage in thoughtful use of imaging procedures, and to consider alternative or adjunct methods for providing reassurance, in order to avoid or mitigate the potential negative impact of ‘anomalous’ findings.
- Analyse if red flags are present in the patient’s presenting with back pain;
- Apply a systematic approach to the management and rehabilitation of chronic back pain;
- Identify when the criteria for an immediate referral of patients is met.
Dr Vanessa Perotti BSc(Hons) MBBS MHL FRACS (Neurosurgery)
Neurosurgeon @Norwest Private Hospital
Dr Vanessa Perotti is a neurosurgeon with interests in all aspects of neurosurgery including brain, spine conditions and peripheral nerve disorders. Dr Perotti is a medical graduate of the University of Sydney and completed neurosurgical training at John Hunter, Liverpool, St George, Royal North Shore and Macquarie University Hospitals. She also completed training overseas in Auckland City Hospital, New Zealand and an observership at Columbia-Presbertyrian Hospital, New York. Dr Perotti completed her training and was awarded Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in 2017. Post fellowship, Dr Perotti completed further training in the Northern Territory in neuro-trauma and rural and remote surgery, followed by further training in South Australia where she was awarded a spinal fellowship from Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide.
Dr Fatemeh Sarmast MBBS FAFRM
Rehabilitation Medicine Specialist @The Hills Private Hospital
Dr Fatemeh Sarmast is a Fellow of the Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine with admitting rights to The Hills Private Hospital. She oversees the day program and conducts patient assessment as well as managing our Cardiac Rehabilitation Program. Dr Fatemeh Sarmast commenced her medical career as an international medical graduate, obtaining her Medical Doctorate (MBBS equivalent) in 2009 from Tehran, Iran (Shahid Beheshti University). She started working as a Resident Medical Officer in Australia in 2012 and finished her advanced training at Australasian Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine in 2019. Specialist patient care includes: • Post joint replacement • Frequent falls in elderly • Multi-trauma/reconditioning • Pain and spasticity management • Amputees • Neurological disorders such as stroke and multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, brain injury, dementia, and Motor Neurone Disease • Work related injury and NDIS
PTSD – A guide for General Practitioners (Webinar)
Date: Tuesday 27 October 2021
Time: 7.00pm - 8.30pm
Venue: Webinar - Online
Description: This update has been developed with a GP focus in order to expand the understanding of early diagnostic and management strategies for patients presenting with signs and symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Psychiatrists with extensive experience in this subspecialty will review and examine evidence, patient case studies and the available diagnostic and treatment options available to General Practitioners and their patients. This activity will guide GPs through the early identification of PTSD and the most current recommendations for pharmacological and psychological intervention.The Hills Private Hospital and Windsor Road Private Clinic invites General Practitioners and Healthcare Professionals to attend this live, online and interactive meeting presented by Psychiatrists - Dr Susheel Manambrakkat and Dr Jaspreet Singh.
- Make a diagnosis of PTSD and differentiate it from conditions with similar symptoms.
- Obtain a history in a sensitive manner and obtain sensitive information.
- Identify risk factors for developing PTSD
- Commence appropriate pharmacotherapy and refer for appropriate Psychological and Psychiatric therapy
Online Education - On Demand Webinar
In addition to RACGP CPD accredited live events, The Hills Private Hospital is pleased to offer a series of online educational webinars that General Practitioners can access at their convenience. To complete an activity, please register by clicking the link below.
You will receive your login details via an email from praxhub within 1 working day.
Once you are able to log in, please:
- Select CPD/CME option
- Select ‘Healthscope’ (~5th down the list) to join other healthcare professionals in groups and follow Healthscope to access education from Norwest Private & The Hills Private Hospitals
- Receive notifications to stay up to date on the newest education and latest industry trends
- Approach to Chest Pain (3 CPD points)
- Management of Patients with Atrial Fibrillation (2 CPD points)
- Back Pain Red Flags (3 CPD points)
For further information on our GP engagement program, please contact:
Suzie Ellis – Norwest Private Hospital Business Development Manager
M: 0418 809 424 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org